8.16.2004

Yearbook Editors Extraordinaire

The last few days I've been helping Jean-Michel to make a yearbook for his class. He's the only white person and the only guy in his class, so his teacher just picked him (but he needed me). We made the templates for the biography pages and the contact list Friday. Today we made a cover and filled in most of the pictures and real names.

It's been interesting trying to figure out how to use Word and Excel in Chinese. It helps a lot that the shortcut letters are mostly the same, so I can recognize options without being able to read what they are. Installed Paint Shop Pro to help with the image editing, so at least that's in English.

Only 10 students, so a few more pictures and personal info and we'll be done the basic version. His teacher also wants to include essays from each student for the semester, so that could be a small headache integrating all of them into one document what with tabs and everything, not to mention making the yearbook long (adds twenty pages). Gonna make a PDF of the finished product to allow an online version too. Don't know if I'd have time to do the same for my class, but I'll try. Anyway, I think for Jean-Michel's, we'll be alright on time and turn out a really good-looking book.

No comments: